Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321- SImple Solutions
Are you dealing with the QuickBooks error code 1321? You have landed on the right page if you are looking for effective ways to resolve the problem from your system. In this article, we will discuss all possible troubleshooting methods to get rid of the problem.
QuickBooks is one of the most amazing software that has helped users to manage their transactions efficiently. However, despite having some amazing features and tools, the software loses its points as it is prone to errors. Most QuickBooks users complain about the inefficiency while facing an issue in the middle of a working day. We understand that errors could be irritating and sometimes extremely difficult to get rid of. But, you do not have to pull your hair anymore, go through our guided steps and resolve the problem in a short time.
QuickBooks Error 1321
The error is faced by the user when they are unable to access a file due to a permission-related problem. While dealing with the error, the user may also receive the error message. If you are facing the error 1321 then it is possible that you may get the following messages while updating or installing the software.
“The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL”
“The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL”
“The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL”
“The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file ”
“The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe”
The error code 1321 QuickBooks is a very annoying error that could leave you helpless after a few trials to resolve it. We have discussed some of the most effective and tested solutions later in this article. But Before that, let’s find out why the error arises in the system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1321
There are many possible reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 1321. It is important to learn about the triggers of the issue to perform a more effective solution according to the cause. We have listed some of the common reasons below.
- The updating process takes less time than the copying process.
- Settings of Firewall or the antivirus might be blocking the installation or update process of QuickBooks.
- Permission of the WIndows restricts the access of the folder.
- You might have some damaged or distorted files.
Troubleshooting Methods of QuickBooks Error 1321
Resolving an error as soon as possible is very important to avoid any further damage. However, sometimes the error code 1321 QuickBooks could be very stubborn and hard to get rid of the issue. The solutions discussed below are very simple and efficient. If you are skeptical about the method, then consider taking professional help.
Solution 1: Download, Install, and Update
- If you are facing the QuickBooks error 1321, then hit on the Retry button to complete the update procedure.
- If you are still getting the error then click the Cancel icon.
- Then go for the Options button, and tap on it.
- Turn off or disable the antimalware software for some time.
- Now try to install the QuickBooks software correctly.
Solution 2: Update all the User Insufficient Privileges to Files
- You may receive an error while installing:
“Error 1321.The Installer does not have proper rights to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.”
- Set the permission privileges:
If you are using Windows XP Professionals:
- Go to the Windows E and click on it to access the Windows Explorer.
- Look for the parent folder from where you got the QuickBooks error 1321.
- Navigate the path: “c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg is FlashPlayerTrust”
- Tap on the parent folder.
- It will open the drop down list, select the option Properties from it.
- Choose the choice Security.
- Go to the Administrators option and click on it.
On Windows XP:
- Close the computer for a few seconds and then open it.
- Hit on the F8 option, when you get the log of Windows.
- Go to the icon Safe Mode with Networking.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Follow the displayed instruction, in the Windows XP Professional. Now, again start the system and try to install the QuickBooks.
- From the list of Group or User Names, select the System icon.
- Hit on the Allow option for the choice Full Control.
- From the Security window, choose the icon of Advanced.
- Click the Replace Permission Entries on All Child Objects With Entries Here That Apply To Child Objects.
- Now go to the Properties, and close the Windows.
- Hit the OK button.
Solution 3: Use the Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is one of the most useful tools. It assists to find and resolve the problems during the installation of QuickBooks. Users can use the amazing tool to fix issues related to MSXML, C++, and .NET Framework.
- To use the Diagnostic Tool, you first need to download it from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks.
- After downloading, search for the downloaded file QBInstall and click on it.
- Run the tool to find the Installation issues and resolve it.
Solution 4: Edit the Windows Permission
- Press the keys Windows + R together on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Go to the location from where the error might be arising.
- Hit the Enter button.
32- bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
On QuickBooks desktop Enterprise
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
On QuickBooks Pro and Premier:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
On Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
64-bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
On QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 17.0
On QuickBooks Pro and Premier
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017
Solution 4: Turn Off Antivirus
- The antivirus software does not allow the QuickBooks to access the internet that might be causing the issue in your system. Turning off the antivirus temporarily, and then installing the QuickBooks will help to get rid of the issue.
- There are many antiviruses available in the market, hence it is not possible to explain the steps of all of them. Visit your specific antivirus website and look for the required procedure.
We are hopeful that the article was helpful to you in resolving the QuickBooks that you’re facing. You are now at the end of the blog, if you have any confusion or are still facing the error then, consider contacting the support team of the software. How do contact them? Go to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and get the helpline number from there. The amazing team is available 24 X 7 to assist you through. They will also guide you to avoid any further mistakes that may lead to different issues. If the solution is effective and worked for you, then share it with your friends and teammates.