The Quickbooks error 6210 is a 6000 series Quickbooks error that generally can be seen when a system other than the host server accesses the company files. This quick glance won’t help you much so, we have brought together all the significant aspects related to QuickBooks error -6210. But firstly, let us talk about QuickBooks. It is an Intuit management software that aids the management companies in their works of accounting and other bookkeeping activities such as keeping tabs on employees’ data, clients’ and employers’ information, checking the availability of inventory stocks, etc.
Still, with many features, its users face many errors and bugs in the software. Today, we will be focusing on one such error – QuickBooks Error 6210. We will now begin with the topic of our day.
Defining Quickbooks Error -6210, 0
Quickbooks error code 6120 0 is defined as a multi-user mode error that is due to the working of the user in multi-user mode in QuickBooks. In case, the user tries to open the company file, Quickbooks error -6210 obstructs access.
A text body will also appear stating:
We’re Sorry. Quickbooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Review this helpful article on the Quickbooks support site to resolve the issue. Error codes: (-6210, 0)
A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file.
Quickbooks Error Code 6210 0: Causes for Occurrence
The causes and reasons that aids the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6210 have been mentioned below.
● The company file is being hosted on any system other than the server.
● Corrupted Quickbooks-related files and improper installation.
● Windows registry files are corrupted.
● Malware and virus attack.
Identifying QuickBooks Error 6210
This list will help you to detect QuickBooks error code 6210 0.
● Company file cannot be accessed.
● QuickBooks Error -6210, 0 message appears on the screen.
● QuickBooks stopped working.
● The system’s response time is high.
● Input devices do not work properly.
QuickBooks Error -6210, 0: Methods to Troubleshoot
1. Switching off Multi-User Hosting
● Firstly, Go to the menu File and tap on it.
● Now, select the option Utility.
● Within the option Utility, tap on the option Stop Hosting the Multi-User Access.
2. Backup Registry Files
● Access the command prompt window and write in Regedit.
● Tap the Enter key.
● Choose the QBs error-related registry entries.
● Under the file menu, you need to select the option export.
● Now, you need to select the file in the directory for saving the QuickBooks file backup.
● Rename the file QB backup and save it with the .reg extension.
● At last, click on Save.
3. Check the Disk Space
● Access the command prompt window and write in Cleanmgr.
● Now, the disk clean-up will see how much space has been used in your disk. Choose the space with junk, corrupted, and temporary files.
● Clear all these junk files from your disk for increasing disk space.
4. Using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
● From the official website of Intuit, start downloading the Quickbooks Clean Install tool.
● After getting the .exe downloaded file, open it.
● Now, accept the terms and conditions and tap Yes.
● After this, choose the Quickbooks Version you wish to install and hit Continue.
● Finally, use the tool for installing the Quickbooks software again and fix the QuickBooks error 6210.
5. Cease Third-Party Applications
Many times, third-party applications such as antivirus applications create a hindrance in the operations of Quickbooks. So, you need to verify whether the third-party antivirus is the reason for toxic operations in the Quickbooks software. If it is the case, then you must change the anti-virus settings.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, then you are advised to temporarily uninstall the anti-virus.
6. Exit all the QuickBooks-Related Process
● Firstly, sign in as an Admin on the system.
● Then, Hold CTRL + Shift + Esc keys altogether to access the task manager.
● Click on the tab User, and then the tab Processes
● You will have to select all the Quickbooks Processes like qbupdate.exe, QBW32.EXE, and QBDBMgr.exe
● After this, click on the End task for closing all the running processes.
● Lastly, access the Quickbooks desktop software again and use it in the multi-user mode for verifying the existence of the error.
7. Restarting QuickBooks Database Server Manager
● Firstly, Hold the Windows + R key together for opening the Run Search box.
● Now, write in service.msc tap OK for opening the local services tab.
● Under the local services tab, go to the Quickbooks Database Server Manager services in the list like QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooksDB29, and QuickBooksDB28.
● Now, choose the services written above and then select the option restart in the left pane.
● After finishing the above steps, access the QBs Company file again for checking the prevalence of Quickbooks error 6210, 0 in the system.
8. Opening the Company File Locally
● Access the folder with the QBs company file.
● Tap a right-click on this file, select the option Copy.
● Now, reach out to the desktop screen and click on the option Paste by tapping a right-click on the desktop.
● After this, tap the CTRL key and open Quickbooks, this will take the user to the NO company Window directly.
● You need to select the option Open or Restore an existing company option for ending the process and switch back to the desktop window.
● With the above steps being performed, copy the company file in the directory location and then access it.
QuickBooks Error Code -6210, 0 is a 6000 series multi-user mode error that can be witnessed due to the working of the user in multi-user mode in QuickBooks. In case, the user tries to open the company file, Quickbooks error -6210 obstructs access. In this post, we have included everything related to this error from its causes to the solutions for fixing this error in QuickBooks.
We are quite optimistic that our content has been of utmost value to you and aided you in solving the problems and issues faced by you. In case you are still stuck in your problems, you can directly reach out to the customer support and assistance team via call, chat, or mail service.